by: Van Arsdale France
Van Arsdale France, the founder of Disney University and author of its world-class “cast member” training programs, takes you inside the “berm” for a first-hand look at how Disney makes the magic that keeps its guests coming back for more.
A fascinating look at the beginnings of Disneyland as the author was brought in at the concept of Disneyland to train the employees which would set a new criteria for hospitality. Van Arsdale France tells the story of how Walt Disney’s dream became a reality with a great many tales of the early stuggles, some of the decisions that were made and why, and how he helped to “create 35 years of happiness at Disneyland Park.” Contains many rare photographs and behind the scenes look.
Lessons from the Man Who Created Disney University – Van Arsdale France, the founder of Disney University and author of its world-class “cast member” training programs, takes you inside the “berm” for a first-hand look at how Disney makes the magic that keeps its guests coming back for more.Hired in 1955, several months before Disneyland opened its front gate, Van worked with Walt Disney, C.V. Wood, Dick Nunis (hired as Van’s “gofer” who went on to become the chairman of Walt Disney Attractions), and other notables to create not only the best-trained workforce in America, but also enlightened principles of customer service envied and imitated worldwide.Van’s many, many stories include:
– The construction of Disneyland, as seen from the office he shared with Dick Nunis on-site
– The first Disneyland training programs, designed and conducted by Van himself
– The evolution of those training programs into Disney University and its “Traditions” curriculum
– The politics behind the scenes, and Walt Disney’s surprisingly tough managerial style
– The lessons learned at Disneyland brought east to Walt Disney World
LEARN THE “DISNEY WAY” FROM THE MAN WHO CREATED IT!
Format: Softcover – Used
Condition: Very Good
Publisher: Stabur Press