by: Jim Korkis, Diane Disney Miller
Disney History at Its Best – No one knows Disney history, or tells it better, than Jim Korkis, who presents an inaugural set of 28 stories from his Vault of Walt. Whether it’s Disney films, Disney theme parks, or Walt himself, Jim’s stories will charm and delight Disney fans of all ages.
The best-selling Vault of Walt series has brought serious, but fun, Disney history to tens of thousands of readers. In this, its first volume, former Disney cast member and master storyteller Jim Korkis weaves his home-spun, entertaining tales, from the early years of Walt Disney to the present.
Step inside the vault with Jim to hear about:
– Warner Bros. animator Chuck Jones hated the four months he worked at the Disney Studio because the one job he wanted he couldn’t get: Walt’s
– Renie Bardeau, Disneyland’s chief photographer, who took shots of the famous and the powerful who visited the park
– FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover’s increasing distrust of Walt Disney – and Walt’s growing FBI file
– The unlikely collaboration between Walt and surrealist painter Salvador Dali
– How Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev threw a tantrum when he wasn’t allowed to visit Disneyland
Discover these and many other new tales of Disney history, as only Jim Korkis can tell them, in The Vault of Walt: Volume 1.
Then be sure to check ALL the volumes in The Vault of Walt!
Format: Softcover – Used
Publisher: Theme Park Press