by: Andrea McGann Keech
Peace, Love, and Disneyland – In 1969, Andrea McGann landed the most coveted job at Disneyland: tour guide. She escorted hundreds of groups through the park, from regular families to foreign businessmen to rock-and-roll superstars. Her story is a time capsule of Disneyland&and of our culture.
Anyone can visit Disneyland; but only the privileged can afford the luxury of a personal tour guide to lead them through the park. In Cream of the Crop, Andrea McGann pulls wide the curtain on the private world of Disneyland tour guides, and her acceptance into that exclusive club. Packed with behind-the-scenes stories of a much younger, more innocent park, McGann takes you back nearly four decades in Disneyland history where you will:
– Learn how Disneyland selects and grooms its tour guides
– Tag along with Andrea on an actual tour of Disneyland, circa 1969
– Meet the “caste” system of cast members who work at Disneyland, from the lowliest to the luminous
– Relive the violent “Yippee Invasion” of Disneyland in 1970, through Andrea’s eyewitness account
– Enjoy never-before-seen vintage photos of Disneyland tour guides, canoe races, and much more
LET YOUR MOUSE FLAG FLY!
Format: Softcover – New
Publisher: Theme Park Press